Duration: 06 months
Time: Tuesday & Thursday (7pm-9pm)
Economists have advocated the benefits of International Trade ever since the development of Classical Theories in Economics, such as the Theory of Absolute Advantage by Adam Smith (1776) and the Theory of Comparative Advantage by Ricardo (1817). These theories have highlighted the benefit that can be gained by optimizing the use of available resources in a country.
Trade can be promoted between countries with each country specializing in the production of goods and services in which it has the highest absolute advantage. Globalization of the world economy has promoted International Trade. It has provided open and free access to countries that were once dominated by the policies of nationalists. Today, globalization is seen as the new frontier for the 21st century. The phenomenon has helped economies and organizations, especially during times of localized economic downturns.
International Trade has been accepted globally as a heavily documentary reliant trade that requires the acquisition of necessary documents that embody any and all relevant clauses- and the attending to these said clauses - to offer a protection buffer to both importer and exporter. Sri Lankan exporters, as well as importers, suffer from significant losses due to documentation errors which are mostly created by organized racketeers in the field. Some of these exporters, and even importers, have been forced to close down their businesses. These are quite serious circumstances; however, no proper corrective actions have been taken. The questions that need to be asked are, “Why does this situation exist?” and “What corrective measures can be taken to protect exporters - and importers - and their assets?” On examination, the answer to the first question becomes plainly obvious: There is a competency gap in the operating environment of International Trade. As for the second question, the solution is set out in the form of the Diploma in International Trade Management, a program that only serves to fill the said competency gap, but also to minimize the errors and losses in International Trade.
● Successfully completed CITM OR, Completed an Advance Diploma or equivalent qualification or a partially completed a Degree from a recognized university , college or institute in the areas of Business management and related disciplines OR, Partly qualified in a professional study program (stage 1 or above) in the areas related to business (ACA, CIMA, CIM, SLIM and CMA) OR, Carry more than 2 years of work experience in the executive or above capacity in the export related field operations.
● Advanced Level: Diploma In International Trade Management (DITM) Eligibility Criteria Successfully completed ACITM Or, Carry more than 4 years of experience at executive level in the export business with a minimum of one year senior managerial experience in International Trade from a reputed organization Or, SME sector Export Business Owners with more than 8 years of industry exposure in international trading.
DITM01: Financing for Imports & Exports and Foreign Exchange Transaction
DITM02: Management Skills Development
DITM03: International Marketing, digital Marketing & Branding
DITM04: Bilateral, Regional and Multilateral Free Trade Management
DITM05: Research Paper
● Mr. R. Chris Kariayawasam - Key Accounts Manager, (Managing a Portfolio of businesses) - Nestle Lanka
● Mr. Eranda Fernando - Consultant Economics, NDB
● Mr. Gamini Maduarachchi - Ministry of Agriculture, Procrument Specialist|Management Consultant
● Mr. Achala Chandrasekera - Director, Sri Lanka Customs
● Mr. Sudatta De Silva - Deputy Director, Sri Lanka Customs
● Mr. Charitha Jayasinghe - Head of I-Pay LOLC
● Mr. Dushan Waduwavala - Deputy General Manager, International Marketing, Alumex PLC
● Mr. Sunanda Dinesh Kumara - Cluster Senior Finance Manager, Brandix Group
● Ms. Priyashi Hewavitharana - Consultant, HNB General Insurance
● Mr. Gamini Karunatillake - Business Consultant
● Mr. Malika Amarasekara - Consultant HRM & Legal, Corporate Trainer
● Mr. Thasim Rafi - Director Venture Green Pvt Ltd, Co-Founder HUBPOINT
● Mr. Sanjeeva Jayaweera - Senior Lecturer, Corporate Trainer, Management Consultant
070 367 6767 / 070 366 7682